Saturday 19 April 2008

Ireland - Dublin

We flew to Dublin during the week which was good. We found a couple of cheap flights and thought we would duck over there before Leah starts her job.

Whoever said that red heads are a dying species obviously has not been to Ireland. They are everywhere. I would go so far as to say that it is an epidemic over there. I would see parents with Dark hair, blonde hair and red headed kids. Very strange. I thought I saw Digger at least 6 times and John it doesn't look like your idea of becoming a stallion to keep the species alive will be needed as there are plenty.

The people were really nice there but there seemed to be more Eastern Europeans there than Irish people.

We did the usual sight seeing stuff which normally bores me but was pretty good. Mainly because we went to the Guinness factory which was great and the Jaimesons whiskey tour which was also good. At the Guinness tour they give you a pint of Guinness at the end but half way through they give you a small taste which is about half of 1/3 pint. I managed to sneak in about 10 of these as i would just sneak back around and take another, and another thinking i was some kind of Chameleon as i would change my appearance each time. Hat to no hat to jumper off to jumper off hat on you get the drift. Leah says she was embarrassed but she was in awe of my stealth. I was on fire but the girl was on to me and stared me down on my 11th attempt so i back out.

Walking around Dublin was very nice but freezing. They had a cold snap and the temp was around 4 degrees but with the wind chill factor was minus 70, Leah reckoned.

We ended up going out one night, found a few really cool traditional pubs and drank Guinness and ate pies then Leah dragged me into this dodgy night club where all drinks were 2.50euro. We had a good night and Leah made me dance. The only reason I danced is because no one knew me there so i could bust out the most Gnarley (is that spelt right) moves ever and people wouldn't know me. I also felt sorry for her as her usual dancing partners were not there (Jill and Jodie) I kind of felt like some cheap dancing substitute, I think she even called me Jodie once.

The next day we went to a little town called Howth which was on the coast and it was even colder there. When we got there we were going to have a look around but it was too cold so we found a pub and had a few beers and Lunch. (I ordered the Pot Pie and Leah had the Fish and Chips and as usual she liked my pie better so she ate most of it on me the thief).

That's about it, we did plenty of walking and i did plenty of ferrying Leah away from shop windows and door ways.

I will try and throw some photos on when i have the chance as this dumb internet cafe doesn't have usb ports for my portable HD.

Later,

James and Leah.

Leah at Howth








St Patrick Catherdal








Spotted either a white power ranger or Raiden from Mortal Kombat.

2 comments:

Nat McC said...

If you come across another Power Ranger could you get an autograph? Dan is a HUGE fan. Thanks. Nat x

Unknown said...

John, you can still be that stallion mate, they may have quantity but you have the quality! Cant put a price on that.